1. The Ryder Cup. The best three days in sports are finally here. For all those fans who have renounced the NFL, getcha popcorn ready.
2. Joost Luiten. He can now join Billy Horschel and Chris Kirk in an enviable position: they can’t be help responsible for blowing the Cup but if their team loses everyone will say they could’ve been a difference-maker.
3. Ian Poulter. Time to earn all those Ferraris, pal.
4. Tiger. At least this time he can’t be blamed for a U.S. loss!
5. Ted Bishop. The PGA prez came up with the outside-the-box idea to pick Tom Watson as captain. Which means he’ll be given plenty of the credit when the U.S. pulls the upset.
1. Ted Bishop. Or plenty of scorn if this goes pear-shaped.
2. Westy. He was already Europe’s most second-guessable captain’s pick even before a scratchy performance in Wales. I’m glad he’s gotten himself in better shape because he’s going to be carrying a heavy burden this week.
3. The Old Course. Remind me again why the Ryder Cup is at, ahem, Gleneagles?
4. Webb Simpson. Poor guy has become the poster boy for a flawed captain’s selection process. It’s not his fault Watson wants to flirt with Dowd.
5. The Best Coast. I hope my peeps in Cali are ready for two straight all-nighters and a 4 a.m. wakeup on Sunday. Golf fans, you gotta want it.