An Ohio man died after being stung many times by bees during his round at a northern Michigan golf course on Wednesday.
Darryl Dever, 64, was playing golf with friends at the North Course at Treetops Resort in Gaylord, Michigan—230 miles northwest from Detroit—when, as he searched for his ball, Dever reportedly stepped on a bee hive.
According to the report from WPBN, state police said Dever endured approximately 20 stings to this head and upper body, before being pronounced dead at the scene little over an hour later. One golfer in the group said the beehive was underground, and they did not know it was there. Here is the original video report from WPBN: