1. Mo Martin. How can you not love this gal? Her charm is matched only by her heroism -- that near-albatross on the 72nd hole to steal the Women’s British has already passed into legend.
2. The linksland. Birkdale, Aberdeen, Hoylake, Porthcawl…this is a three-week stretch to stir the soul of every golfer with a high-definition TV.
3. JRo. It’s nice to see that Rose has just pipped Tiger Woods as the favorite to win the Open Championship. All he’s done is win back-to-back starts on wildly different golf courses. Can he snag a third straight and the biggest of the bunch? Stay tuned.
4. Monty. All he does is win major championships…against the old farts, anyway.
5. Keegan Bradley. In an audacious bit of brown-nosing, the would-be Ryder Cup captain’s pick was the only guy to accept captain Tom Watson’s invitation to scout Gleneagles. When a bunch of top players get left off the team in favor of Keegan, they’re gonna wish they’d been more of a teacher’s pet.
2. Inbee Park. With the chance to add another major to her resume, 'the queen' Bee coughed up the 54-hole lead at the Women's British with a 77 that included six bogeys and a double. Yeah, Birkdale was playing tough…but not that tough.
3. Rory McIlroy. His entire star-crossed last year-and-a-half can be summed by two numbers: 64-78.
4. Jessica Korda. In a post-round interview on live TV, she said her ball was “ovulating” on the green rather than oscillating. But major bonus points to Korda for laughing at herself on Twitter over the malapropism.
5. “Morning Drive.” With Holly Sonders apparently jumping to Fox, the only reason to watch now is for golf news.