1. The Masters. The most spectacular week of the year has finally arrived, following three of the best months in PGA Tour history. Cue the piano music and hyperbole.
2. Hunter Mahan. It’s always satisfying when an awesome talent begins to play up to his potential. I can’t wait to see how good this guy gets.
3. Sun Young Yoo. A back-nine birdie binge helped her steal the Dinah and make history as only the second Korean to win that major championship. But she won't be the last.
4. Jaime Diaz. The new top dog at Golf World will be honored in Augusta with a lifetime achievement award bestowed by the Golf Writers Association of America. He also typed a book you may have heard something about, Hank Haney's The Big Miss. Maybe now he’ll be inspired to offer his first tweet in 10 months!
5. I.K. Kim. She displayed tremendous class after the crushing disappointment at the Dinah. Me? I woulda hurled myself into Poppy’s Pond and never resurfaced.
1. I.K. Kim. Then again, how do you play pressure-proof golf for 71 holes and then blow a one-footer for the win?! Oy.
2. Hootie Johnson. The ugly legacy of the bayonet-brandisher lives on with the latest controversy about Augusta National’s silly membership practices. And don’t even get me started about all the trees he planted on the back nine…
3. Louis Oosthuizen. King Louis was looking for his biggest win since the 2010 Open but blew up on Sunday with a 75. It’s becoming easier to doubt that he’ll ever win a second major championship.
4. Yani. Grand-slammed.
5. Greg Norman. I just checked, and he still hasn’t won the Masters.