Hot this week: Honda Classic, Jupiter Island, Hunter Mahan. Not? Lee Westwood, Michelle Wie, Florida Swing
1. The Honda. Strong field, warm weather, Bermuda grass ... yep, the run-up to the Masters begins now.
2. Jupiter, Fla. Where all the cool kids live now. Maybe if we’re lucky the Tavistock Cup will go away.
3. Hunter Mahan. We’ve been waiting, impatiently, for this mega-talent to fulfill his awesome potential. Hopefully this is the year.
4. Mark Wilson. The Tim Tebow of golf -- all he does is win.
5. Rory. Even on a week when he didn’t have his best stuff, he was still the star of the Match Play. His ascension to No. 1 may have been delayed by a week or two, but it’s clear he’s going to have a nice, long run at the top.
1. Lee Westwood. How did Obi-Wan Kenobi feel when Anakin Skywalker turned on him? Ask Westy.
2. Florida Swing golf courses. If you can figure out which is which, please let me know.
3. The people of Miami. Please welcome your new neighbor, Mr. Donald Trump! Hope you like waterfalls!
4. "The Bear Trap." The only way to endure the constant mention of these overhyped closing holes is to turn it into a drinking game. Of course, if you take a shot of Patron every time Golf Channel mentions the Bear Trap, you'll be dead by Thursday afternoon.
5. Michelle Wie. Coming off a winless year she went 79-81-75-75 to finish one spot out of DFL in Singapore. She graduates from Stanford in a few weeks, and for the first time will be a full-time touring professional. Hopefully then she can recapture some of her old mojo. We'll see.