\n1. The Players Championship. Improved date, evermore macho course, non-stop coverage on the Golf Channel ... it's definitely the sixth major. What, you didn't know Wachovia is the new fifth?
2. Tiger Woods. It seems like he's hardly played this year, yet he has three Ws and leads the all-important FedEx Cup standings. And now the road through Oakmont and Carnoustie beckons, the same journey Ben Hogan traveled in '53.
3. Scott Hoch. Golf's sunniest personality brought his good cheer to the FedEx Kinko's, getting his his first Senior win. Suggested Hoch-centric ad campaign: These Guys Are Crotchety.
4. Mi Hyun Kim. Pound-for-pound the scrappiest player in golf. After blowing a short putt to win on the final hole of the SemGroup Championship, Kim regrouped to win in overtime against Hall of Famer Juli Inkster. The only thing that would have been sweeter? If Kim had busted out the patented pig-tails.
5. Hale Irwin. He will be giving the commencement speech at his alma mater, Colorado. Suggested theme: How not to act like Scott Hoch.
\nNot1. Vijay Singh.
2. Lorena Ochoa.
3. Ernie Els.
4. Rory Sabbatini.
5. Nick Dougherty. Italian Open