1. Steve Lowery. He looks like Grizzly Adams, but when he gets hot, no one is more dangerous. (His final five holes at the 2002 International included a birdie, a hole-out eagle and a hole-out double eagle. That run put a serious scare into the eventual winner, Rich Beem.)
3. Pebble Beach. The original public-access Open venue has never looked better than last week, when it was bathed in sunshine and presented in high definition. It was like watching golf porn.
4. Teddy Forstmann. The legendary swordsman and IMG chairman has been linked to everyone from Liz Hurley to Princess Di, so when he needed a caddie for Pebble, who did he call? Natalie Gulbis, of course. I'd like to get a visual on his maid...
5. The Nelson sisters of Pensacola, Fla. Years and years ago Soozi married Jerry Pate and Rose got hitched to Bruce Lietzke. On Sunday, their hubbies were in the final pairing at the Allianz Championship. Neither player won, which should make the next family dinner more jovial.
1. Vijay Singh. He had his 32nd career victory in the bag until three straight bogeys on the back nine, each uglier than the last. Is it too late to go back to his old swing and old trainer?
2. Erin Hills. The peeps behind this newish Milwaukee track have been shamelessly begging for a U.S. Open but were snubbed in favor of Chambers Bay. It's nice when substance occasionally trumps style.
3. Phil Mickelson. The defending champ roared into Pebble after a near-miss the week before in San Diego, but he blew up as only Philly Mick can, taking an 11 on Pebble's waterless 14th hole to miss the cut. Not the best player in golf, but surely the most entertaining.
4. MDF. I like this new rule limiting the size of the field on the weekend, but whiny tour pros will probably get their way and have it scrapped during the Tour membership meeting in El Lay. Instead, they should all follow Tiger's advice: "Play better."
5. Anthony Kim. He will play Tiger in the first round of the Match Play. Big mouth, G-Unit strut, flashy wardrobe ... nah, I don't think Woods will be pumped up for this one. Do you?