Hot this week? The King (that's Tiger), Arnie and Recari. Not? Sergio, Rory and Wie
1. The King. That would be Tiger, of course, who's now one more good year from wiping out Sam Snead's all-time victory record. It's a measure of his astonishing success that Woods has now won three times in two months and it feels kinda ho-hum.
2. Arnie. Still the coolest guy in any room. No wonder Kate Upton was all over him.
3. Beatriz Recari. Her clutch playoff victory over I.K. Kim was the latest boost to the LPGA and a pleasant reminder that no one looks more stylish between the ropes than Recari.
4. Manuel Villegas. Camilo's kid brother won the PGA Tour Lationamerica stop in Guadalajara. Is it too soon to declare Manny the best golfer in the family?
5. Sergio Garcia. He definitely hit the week's best one-armed, back-handed escape shot from up in a tree. Do yourself a favor and watch the video.
1. Sergio. He WD'd from Bay Hill after tweaking his shoulder on the tree shot. This is not going to help golfers overcome the stereotype that they're a bunch of wussies.
2. Tavistock Cup. Golf's grossest tournament was rendered even more meaningless than usual due to Bay Hill's Monday finish. Hopefully next year the bad weather will force a Tuesday finish and wipe out the Tavistock completely.
3. Rory. Like his girlfriend, he is now a former number one.
4. Corey Pavin. The formerly gritty little Bruin showed about as much fight as his alma mater's hoops team, starting the final round tied for the lead at the Senior stop in Mississippi but shooting a smooth 78 to tumble down the leaderboard.
5. Michelle Wie. Her swoon continued as she made five bogies and two doubles en route to missing another cut at the Kia, which happens to be one of her primary endorsers. I'm afraid it's time for Wie to start thinking about grad school.