1. Rory. Even complicated geo-politics can't slow his roll. It's one thing go to No. 1 -- shoot, Martin Kaymer managed that. But to stare down Tiger Woods week after week is how you signal the start of a whole new era.
2. Jiyai Shin. One of the Hot List's favorite players won for the first time in two years by defeating Paula Creamer in an epic nine-hole playoff. That endless string of pressure-proof pars is a monument to Shin's grittiness.
3. Eugene Wong. The 22-year-old Vancouver native and former Oregon Duck is the second hottest player on the planet, having won his first two pro starts on the Canadian tour. If he wins one more, does he get a battlefield promotion to the PGA Tour Latinoamerica?
4. Arnold Palmer. On Monday the King turned 83. And he still has more swag than any other golfer alive.
5. Tim Finchem. This has already been the best FedEx Cup, and we haven't even gotten to the denouement. Commish, I take back every mean thing I've ever said about the Cup. (Well, almost.)
1. Paula. Three-putting the final hole to fall into a playoff is brutal, especially when you haven't won in two years. Three-putting to lose said playoff could lead to early onset of the yips.
2. The Ryder Cup's dignity. At Medinah there will be a Tuesday celebrity shootout with the likes of Richard Dent, Stan Mikita and Scottie Pippen. I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out with a 1-iron than watch this nonsense.
3. Bill Haas. After a shaky Sunday at the BMW, the defending FedEx Cup champ fell out of the top 30 in points and will now miss out on more free money at the Tour Championship. Somehow I think he'll be able to weather the financial storm.
4. Phil. It's nice that he's pieced his game back together, but this Hall of Famer needs to remember how to win, not score another moral victory. Two back-nine bogeys on Sunday -- including a gagged three-footer on the 71st hole -- doomed his latest bid.
5. Borat. This week brings the Kazakhstan Open on Europe's Challenge Tour, and despite what you may have heard, it's a niiiiiiice place to hold a tournament, at least according to the players. What could make it better? How about Ali G providing color commentary on the telecast?
Videos More Videos
- Scorecard: Contenders at the Next Two Majors?
- Hit Greens Like Rose
- Rose wins, but Phil's loss will linger
- Merion: The Spiritual Home Of American Golf
- Phil on his 'heartbreaking' loss
- Final Round Highlights
- What happened to Tiger this week?
- How To Finish Like Ben Hogan
- Tiger, Sergio Talk Feud at Merion
- Would the Duke Brothers From 'Trading Places' Be Merion Members?
- Inside Francis Ouimet's childhood home in Brookline
- Learn Trevino's Accuracy
Hot this week? Rory, Shin and Arnie. Not? Paula, Phil ... and Borat