Hot? Masters, Johnny Miler. Not? Rory, Trump, the Golf Boys.
1. The Masters. Doral is a nice little tournament, but it means one thing to me: Augusta is only a month away.
2. Stacy Lewis. America's sweetheart won again, taking out a handful of top players in Singapore. It's only a matter of time before she reaches number one in the World Ranking. Where she belongs.
3. Michael Thompson. Gutsy breakthrough win for this talented third-year Tour pro. Don't look now, but there is a whole crop of young, hungry Yanks quietly taking over the Tour. So hopefully circa 2016 the U.S. will finally win a Ryder Cup!
4. NBC. His waffling about the anchoring ban aside, being back on Miller time is the best thing about the Florida swing. Raja (aka Roger Maltbie) is the second best thing.
5. Geoff Ogilvy. It's nice to see the former U.S. Open champ playing well again. Of course, it begs the question, Where the heck has he been? This guy has so much game he should be top 10 in the world without even trying.
1. Rory. Playing poorly is easily forgiven. But two things really rile up fans and reporters: quitting, and not being honest about why. Only the boy wonder knows the truth per his mysterious W/D but it's not a good sign that suddenly so many are questioning his heart, to say nothing of his teeth.
2. Donald Trump. Did you know he now owns Doral? Yeah, me neither.
3. Camilo Villegas. His entire career can be summed up in his two days at Honda: 64-77, from leading the tournament to missing the cut, from the penthouse to the outhouse.
4. The Golf Boys. I know it's for charity, I commend the guys for not taking themselves too seriously, I'm sure the whole thing helps reduce golf's stuffy image, but, really, once was more than enough.
5. Tiger. Were it not for McIlroy's epic struggles the golf world would be focused on Woods's exceptionally spotty play at the Honda. Throw in Snedeker's injury and Phil's post-Phoenix malaise and who exactly is the Masters favorite, anyway?