GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view from behind the 13th green (map). Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Tour Confidential: Should Tiger Play Bay Hill or Wait for the Masters?
- Rolling Better Putts with Dave Stockton
- Deep Thoughts With WGC-Cadillac Champion Patrick Reed
- Tumble Like Rory to Knock Your Fairway Woods Pin High
- 'In Conversation With': Richard Kind and David Morse on Acting and Golf
- Learn Walker's 'Spider-Man' Move
- Deep Thoughts With Jason Day
- Tour Confidential: Match Play Event In Trouble?
- Tour Confidential: Why 'Caddyshack' Endures
- Johnny Miller: 3 Tour Trends That Need To End Now!