Five Things to Know About U.S. Amateur Champion Curtis Luck
Australia's Curtis Luck won the 116th United States Amateur in impressive fashion on Sunday, defeating American Brad Dalke, 6 and 4.
Here are five things to know about Luck, who you will get to know a lot better in 2017 as he reaps the benefits of winning the U.S. Am.
1. Curtis Luck is ranked higher in the OWGR than Tiger Woods. Luck is the seventh-ranked amateur in the world and is 539rd overall, 133 spots better than Woods, who sits at 672.
2. Luck planned on turning pro in the fall, having already signed up for European and Japan qualifying schools, but now that he has played his way into next year's Masters, U.S. Open and British Open, he might have to put those plans on hold. For now he's got a trip to Butler Cabin to get excited about.
3. The 20-year-old Australian finished as runner-up at the 2014 Australian Amateur, which until today was his biggest achievement in the sport.
4. His life will never be the same. From this moment on, Luck will be mentioned alongside the names of Bobby Jones, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods as a United States Amateur champion.
5. Just like Andrew Luck, Curtis Luck is really into beards. A quick trip to Luck's Twitter page shows his beard is more than just a fashion statement.