Sports Illustrated's Alan Shipnuck breaks down the good and bad -- and sometimes even the ugly -- of the weekend that was in professional golf. More often than not, someone blew a lead, another player stormed onto the scene and a few others provided us unforgettable moments, for whatever reason. Who is a hero and who is a zero? Find out below, but make sure to check back next week. You never know who will show up.
1. Emiliano Grillo. He has now twice missed three-footers to blow a chance at victory, but somehow this youngster shook off the most recent miscue and prevailed at the Frys. He’s either going to have a great career defined by mental toughness or be ruined by the yips. Here’s hoping it’s the former.
2. Lexi. This is now her sixth victory, and she's 20. FWIW, Annika didn’t win her first until she was 25.
3. Andy Sullivan. Quick, who’s the only three-time winner this year on the European Tour? If you said this this bearded Englishman, you watch waaaay too much Golf Channel.
4. Amy Yang. She birdied every single hole on the back-nine for a perfect 27. Let’s see Max Scherzer top that.
5. Kevin Na. He birded four of the last six holes, including a do-or-die up-and-down on the 72nd hole to force a playoff. Yeah, Na didn’t execute in sudden death, but I love that he had the cojones to try a driver off the deck. Even better was that afterward he said he’d do it again.
1. Rory. Beyond his poor chipping and miserable putting McIlroy looked tired and cranky all week at the Frys. I thought this was supposed to be a fresh start?
2. Lydia Ko. She held the 54-hole lead in Korea but three bogeys in a six-hole span in the middle of her round doomed her to a tie for 4th. Ko is such a ruthless closer it rates as a surprise anytime she doesn’t get it done.
3. Justin Rose. At the Frys he had a piece of the lead on Sunday but bogeyed four of his last 12 holes to tumble down the leaderboard. This guy is so consistently good but he needs to win more often to be elevated to the ranks of true superstar.
4. Alvaro Quiros. Remember when he was gonna be the next big thing? Now his putts are literally jumping out of the hole.
5. Michelle Wie. Hey, I love calamari as much as the next guy, but it’s not a good sign when Wiesy is getting attention only for her Instagram posts.