This week's heroes? Stenson and Spieth. Zeros? Vijay, Dufnering and the all-but-nonexistent offseason
1. Henrik. One way to quantify this epic roll The Stense has been on: he’s made $15 million since July. And Allen Stanford can't touch a penny of it.
2. Jordan. The kid just finished the most rousing debut on Tour since Tiger’s fall flourish way back in 1996. From no status to top 10 on the money list, Spieth did it in a mere 23 weeks. Get ‘er done, son.
3. Player of the Year. Who do you like, Tiger, Phil, Adam or Henrik? A strong case can be made for any of ‘em, and that’s the point -- for once we actually have something to debate. (It should be Phil, by the way.)
4. Julien Quesne. A birdie on the last hole gave this French journeyman a rousing victory at the Euro tour stop in Italy. Doesn’t quite make up for Van de Velde, but it’s a start.
5. Bigfoot. Now that Graham DeLaet is shaving his playoff beard, ‘Foot is back to being the hairiest, scariest thing roaming the countryside.
1. Vijay. It was expected that he would pillage the Senior tour, but on Sunday he blew a chance for victory in his debut by doubling the 13th hole and bogeying the 15th and 18th. Now that he’s hit the big 5-0, maybe it’s time to try some stronger stuff -- do they sell moose antler spray?
2. Dufnering. After Keegan’s mid-fairway bit, this trend has officially jumped the shark.
3. East Lake. The revitalization of the surrounding community is a wonderful story, but to jazz up the FedEx Cup finale, how about a golf course with a little pizzaz? Cuz this ain’t it.
4. Grinders. Steve Stricker made $4.4 million in 13 tourneys and looked like he had fun all the while. The guys sweating bullets at the bottom of the money list would hate this guy if he wasn’t so doggone nice.
5. The off-season. Next year starts in exactly 18 days.