Five Unique Finds in PGA Championship Merchandise Tent
The merchandise tents at major championships typically provide an interesting look into niche golf accessories and odd goods with local flavor. The merchandise tent at this week’s PGA Championship at Whistling Straits takes it to another level.
Here are five unique items available at the merchandise tent.
1. Ryder Cup 2020 gear. Multiple Ryder Cups will come and go before the biennial event visits Wisconsin, but Ralph Lauren is already selling apparel in the merchandise tent.
2. Whistling Straits artwork. With nearly half the course bordering Lake Michigan, scenic holes are in abundance. The merchandise tent has several posters of paintings done to commemorate these holes.
3. Sheep dolls. The most intriguing facet of Whistling Straits might be the sheep that roam the course when a golf tournament isn't happening. They keep the fescue relatively tame throughout the golf season. The dolls do not.
4. Cheesy putter cover. The Dairy State would be disappointed without some local appreciation in the merchandise tent. This putter cover meets that requirement.
5. Cheese balls. Oversized golf balls are nothing new at golf events, but oversized, cheesy golf balls are a bit less common.