They Said It! Top 10 Quotes of the Week for Jan. 18, 2013
--Rory McIlroy at his Nike press conference on Monday; he switched back to his Scotty Cameron putter on Friday
2. "Monty came into the picture to combat the big name of Tom Watson, and I felt like maybe that's something that the European Team didn't need to do.” Justin Rose on Paul McGinley being picked for 2014 Ryder Cup captain over Colin Montgomerie
3. “The amount I know about golf would fit into a teaspoon. However, I do know when I’m walking on a pathway and come to a big chasm, that’s not the best.” --Aberdeen, Scotland, resident Suzanne Kelly on discovering storm damage at Donald Trump's Trump International Golf Links
4. “I’ve traveled more miles than any human being who ever lived.” --Gary Player on his frequent-flier status after 60 years of international golf
5. "It would be very similar to saying that I had a rivalry with Phil two years into my career. That wasn't the case."
--Tiger Woods on whether he has a rivalry with Rory McIlroy
6. “I was adding up my scorecard, and I was like, oh, wait, I shot 29 on the back.”
--Russell Henley on his final round at the Sony Open in Hawaii; he won
7. “He said, golf is the way politics is. If you're grip is too far to the right, you're going to get in trouble on the left. But if your grip is too far to the left, you're going to get in big trouble on the right.” --Bill Clinton on getting golf advice from Tom Watson
--Jason Dufner on the selection of the Ryder Cup Team USA captain
9. “It was probably the best feeling I ever had in my life; to have the responsibility knowing that you can make something huge happen for the team and for yourself, and knowing that I can handle it.” --Martin Kaymer on sinking the winning putt for Team Europe at the 2012 Ryder Cup 10. “Most celebrities think they're friends with everybody. And that drives me crazy.
I'm not there to be a distraction to the pro.”
--The Voice host Carson Daly on playing in pro-ams