Doug Barron, who last week sued the PGA Tour for reinstatement after becoming the first player to be suspended under the Tour's anti-doping policy, has had his motion for a temporary restraining order denied. According to the AP, U.S. Magistrate Judge Tu Pham ruled on Monday in Memphis that Barron did not
show a likelihood that he would win on his claims argued in a hearing
last Friday. Barron was suspended for a year after testing positive at last June's St. Jude Classic for beta-blockers and testosterone, both of which he has claimed should be allowed under a medical-necessity exemption. Had Barron been successful in receiving the restraining order, he would have entered a Q school tournament in Houston later this week.
After the ruling, Barron spoke exclusively to Golf.com's Cameron Morfit in Houston and said that he is planning his next legal move. "I thought that regardless of
the ultimate outcome that they'd let me compete in Q school," the 40-year-old Barron told Morfit. "I've got
to find a way to provide for my family in the next year. I don't think
this will be the end of it."