1 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI (Baddeley); Michale J.LeBrech/1 Deuce 3 Photography/SI (Mickelson, Choi, Sabbatini); Fred Vuich/SI (Woods, Stricker)
Six players have a mathematical chance of winning the FedEx Cup: Tiger Woods, Steve Stricker, Phil Mickelson, Rory Sabbatini, K.J. Choi and Aaron Baddeley (sort of). Here is what needs to happen for each player to win.
2 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI
Player: Tiger Woods
Current standing: first
Total Points: 112,733
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: Runner-up (2000, 2004, 2005)
• With a 3,133-point lead, Woods will win the FedEx Cup if he wins the Tour Championship.
• If Woods comes in second at the Tour Championship, and anyone other than Steve Stricker wins, Woods wins the Cup.
• Woods can also win the Cup if he comes in solo third and neither Stricker nor Mickelson wins the Tour Championship.
3 of 7Fred Vuich/SI
Player: Steve Stricker
Current standing: second
Total Points: 109,600
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: T5th (1998)
• If Stricker wins the Tour Championship, he wins the FedEx Cup.
• If Stricker comes in solo second at the Tour Championship, he can still win the Cup if Woods does not finish better than fourth and Mickelson does not win.
4 of 7Fred Vuich/SI
Player: Phil Mickelson
Current standing: third
Total Points: 108,613
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: Winner (2000)
• In order to win the FedEx Cup, Mickelson has to win the Tour Championship and Woods must finish lower than solo second.
• If Woods finishes runner-up to Mickelson, Woods would win the FedEx Cup by 20 points.
5 of 7Fred Vuich/SI
Player: Rory Sabbatini
Current standing: fourth
Total Points: 103,588
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: T10th (2004)
• For Sabbatini to win the FedEx Cup, he must win the Tour Championship, Woods must finish worse than a two-way tie for 13th, Stricker worse than a two-way tie for second, and Mickelson worse than solo second.
6 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI
Player: K.J. Choi
Current standing: fifth
Total Points: 103,100
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: T9th (2002)
• Choi wins the FedEx Cup if he wins the Tour Championship, Woods finishes 22nd or worse, Stricker finishes fourth or worse and Mickelson finishes worse than a two-way tie for second.
7 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI
Player: Aaron Baddeley
Current standing: sixth
Total Points: 102,800
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: first appearance
• Baddeley wins the FedEx Cup if he wins the Tour Championship, Mickelson finishes worse than a two-way tie for second, Stricker worse than third and Woods gets hit by a bus (or withdraws or skips the event).
You May Like
Sign Up for Newsletters
Receive insider analysis, swing tips, equipment news, special offers and much more.