Let's talk bounce. I bet you can rattle off the lofts on each of your wedges, but what about your bounce angles—or what bounce does? Many players haven't a clue, so they often hit greenside shots with clubs that are working against them. I'll spare you the geometry of bounce angles and simply show you how the appropriate amount of bounce to use changes depending on your lie. In each of these four common short-shot situations, you'll see that I've paired a low-bounce wedge (8 degrees, left) against a high-bounce model (14 degrees, right), with identical lofts. It's easy to see when more bounce hurts you or helps you.
Videos More Videos
- A Remote Course Worth the Gamble
- Deep Thoughts With Lee Westwood
- First Look: Trump Golf Links Ferry Point
- Confidential: Hall of Fame Criteria
- Ask the Rules Guy: The Prickly Contrarian
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Renee Skidmore
- Pitch It High, Land It Soft
- Dave Pelz: Splash It Close With A Simple Swing
- Confidential: Will New Ryder Cup Task Force Help?