Let's talk bounce. I bet you can rattle off the lofts on each of your wedges, but what about your bounce angles—or what bounce does? Many players haven't a clue, so they often hit greenside shots with clubs that are working against them. I'll spare you the geometry of bounce angles and simply show you how the appropriate amount of bounce to use changes depending on your lie. In each of these four common short-shot situations, you'll see that I've paired a low-bounce wedge (8 degrees, left) against a high-bounce model (14 degrees, right), with identical lofts. It's easy to see when more bounce hurts you or helps you.
Videos More Videos
- Lou Guzzi: The Secret Is In The Dirt
- Play Like The Pros: Strike It Like Stenson
- Confidential: Was Tiger-Foley a failure?
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer: Morgan Pressel
- Lee Westwood Tests Putter Made on 3-D Printer
- A Stinger For the Rest of Us
- Tiger Talk: Top 100 Teachers on Woods' Woes
- Zach Johnson: My Driving Tips
- Ask the Rules Guy: The Prickly Contrarian