An official removes a water moccasin from the course at the 2012 Zurich Classic. (John Korduner/Icon SMI)
according to a story on Naplesnews.com
However, an examination later revealed the bite was “dry,” meaning no venom was injected, North Naples fire Capt. Chuck Bacon said.
The woman, whose name was not immediately available, was walking on a path toward the grandstand at the Tiburon Golf Club around noon when she was bit.
“She felt something hit her leg. She wasn’t sure what it was,” Bacon said. “She looked down and a snake was sitting there coiled.”
For more news that golfers everywhere are talking about, follow @si_golf on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube video channel.