1. Jason Day. Hmmm, he's driving it longer and straighter than everybody else, making more putts and playing with way more confidence. Sounds like a certain somebody at the turn of the century.
2. Ken Duke. That 65 was like a 58 at the Hope.
3. Kevin Chappell. He's now made $2 million this year getting his teeth kicked in by Day. Good work if you can get it!
4. Russell Knox. The charming Scotsman made a lot of new fans with his grace and good humor after a horrifying 9 (with a shank!) on the 17th hole. And the bounceback on Sunday was equally impressive.
5. Christy O'Connor, Sr. Raise a pint one last time for one of the game's great characters.
1. Tiger Woods. Yeah, it was a seemingly meaningless publicity stunt, but given Woods' stage-fright -- see the double-chunk on the first hole of last year's British Open -- rinsing three straight wedges is just more scar tissue he doesn’t need.
2. The USGA. They turned the third round of the Players into a circus with a crazy setup. Wait, what?
3. The Johnson bros. After watching Austin’s hijinks to retrieve his brother's ball that he dropped into a pond, I'm left to wonder, How do these guys not have their own reality show?
4. Ernie Els. The yips at Augusta and getting crapped on by a bird at Sawgrass? C'mon, golf gods, this proud Hall of Famer deserves better.
5. Jordan, Rory, Rickie. Pretty much everyone not named Jason. The bar has been raised. To what heights can they ascend? It will be fascinating to see.