PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem deviated from his usual "state of the PGA Tour" speech this year, instead electing to read aloud mean tweets about himself ahead of the Tour Championship at East Lake Golf Club.
Finchem took time to poke fun at himself, highlighting various tweet topics such as his height and his doze-inducing speaking habits.
Some of the hightlights include:
- Any idea when Finchem will be retiring? Hopefully sooner rather than later.
- Wake me when Tim Finchem has finished speaking #inductionceremony.
- I watched the Golf Channel’s telecast of Tim Finchem playing a round of golf at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am the other day. It was really, really exciting. Doctors think they can have me fully revived and maybe even back on my feet by the middle of next week.
- The PGA Tour commissioner talks like the head of an activities board at a retirement home.
- He’s one of the finest golfers for his height.
- The more I study this Tim Finchem transcript on the anchoring issue, the more I like Bud Selig.
"That really hurts actually. That one hurts," Finchem said, smiling.
And while he didn't delve into the specifics of the state of the Tour, he did give us some hope that the Waste Management Phoenix Open may be even more exciting in 2017.
"How bout a new Waste Management Open tradition where we throw stuff at PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem on hole 16?" one tweet read.
"Actually, I think they've been trying to get that organized for next year," Finchem said.