From Golf Magazine (October, 2012)
The clubheads are cast from 8620-carbon steel and put through a forging process to enhance feel. According to company president Terry Koehler, the center of gravity (CG) location is higher than in competitors’ clubs, which aids ball flight and distance control. Scor4161 heads come in 21 lofts from 41° to 61°, with a 30-day performance guarantee. As lofts increase, the CG gets slightly lower with less heel-toe weighting (41° has the highest CG; 61° the lowest). The firm’s fitting system includes choice of three shafts—120-gram steel, 75- or 95-gram graphite—for desired flight and feel.
$149, steel; $164, graphite
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Tour Confidential: Should Tiger Play Bay Hill or Wait for the Masters?
- Rolling Better Putts with Dave Stockton
- Deep Thoughts With WGC-Cadillac Champion Patrick Reed
- Tumble Like Rory to Knock Your Fairway Woods Pin High
- 'In Conversation With': Richard Kind and David Morse on Acting and Golf
- Learn Walker's 'Spider-Man' Move
- Deep Thoughts With Jason Day
- Tour Confidential: Match Play Event In Trouble?
- Tour Confidential: Why 'Caddyshack' Endures
- Johnny Miller: 3 Tour Trends That Need To End Now!