From Golf Magazine (October, 2012)
The clubheads are cast from 8620-carbon steel and put through a forging process to enhance feel. According to company president Terry Koehler, the center of gravity (CG) location is higher than in competitors’ clubs, which aids ball flight and distance control. Scor4161 heads come in 21 lofts from 41° to 61°, with a 30-day performance guarantee. As lofts increase, the CG gets slightly lower with less heel-toe weighting (41° has the highest CG; 61° the lowest). The firm’s fitting system includes choice of three shafts—120-gram steel, 75- or 95-gram graphite—for desired flight and feel.
$149, steel; $164, graphite
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Better By Saturday: Recoil For Balance
- Johnny Miller: The Thrill of the 'Chase'
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Attack Your Drives Like The Shark
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Tour Confidential: Can Sergio Garcia Still Win A Major?
- Dave Pelz: Roll Putts Fast ... Or Try Dying
- PGA Tour Confidential: Can Tiger Woods Still Close?
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- In Conversation With ... PGA's Ted Bishop
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- The Lighter Side Of Tiger Woods