From Golf Magazine (October, 2012)
The clubheads are cast from 8620-carbon steel and put through a forging process to enhance feel. According to company president Terry Koehler, the center of gravity (CG) location is higher than in competitors’ clubs, which aids ball flight and distance control. Scor4161 heads come in 21 lofts from 41° to 61°, with a 30-day performance guarantee. As lofts increase, the CG gets slightly lower with less heel-toe weighting (41° has the highest CG; 61° the lowest). The firm’s fitting system includes choice of three shafts—120-gram steel, 75- or 95-gram graphite—for desired flight and feel.
$149, steel; $164, graphite
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Play Like the Pros: Conquering the Long, Scary Par 3
- Rules: Ball Pops Out When Flag Is Removed
- Confidential: Is Being Tiger's Coach the Best or Worst Job in Golf?
- Gary Player: What Every Great Putter Agrees On
- Derek Ernst on His Favorite Courses and Prized Possessions
- Confidential: Is Tiger's Scandal Still Looming Over Him?
- Chris Como on Coaching Style and the Value of Instruction
- The Shop: TaylorMade R15 Driver