From Golf Magazine (October, 2012)
The clubheads are cast from 8620-carbon steel and put through a forging process to enhance feel. According to company president Terry Koehler, the center of gravity (CG) location is higher than in competitors’ clubs, which aids ball flight and distance control. Scor4161 heads come in 21 lofts from 41° to 61°, with a 30-day performance guarantee. As lofts increase, the CG gets slightly lower with less heel-toe weighting (41° has the highest CG; 61° the lowest). The firm’s fitting system includes choice of three shafts—120-gram steel, 75- or 95-gram graphite—for desired flight and feel.
$149, steel; $164, graphite
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Scorecard: Contenders at the Next Two Majors?
- Hit Greens Like Rose
- Rose wins, but Phil's loss will linger
- Merion: The Spiritual Home Of American Golf
- Phil on his 'heartbreaking' loss
- Final Round Highlights
- What happened to Tiger this week?
- How To Finish Like Ben Hogan
- Tiger, Sergio Talk Feud at Merion
- Would the Duke Brothers From 'Trading Places' Be Merion Members?
- Inside Francis Ouimet's childhood home in Brookline
- Learn Trevino's Accuracy