Brandt Snedeker won the 2007 Wyndham Championship en route to nearly $3 million in prize money and the PGA Tour's rookie-of-the-year award. He did it all with a bag full of old faithfuls.
"My good friend Mason Rudolph (ex-Vanderbilt coach and PGA Tour player) told me that whenever the pressure is on and you're facing a difficult situation, it's nice to look down and see an old friend looking back at you. So if it works, don't change it."
"My putter. I love to get on the green and putt the ball. I've used the Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie for three years now."
Have a ball
"The Bridgestone B330-S is the best performing Tour ball in the wind. It doesn't get blown around, is very soft and spins around the green. It's a great combo."
"I have 9 or 10 quarters from the 1960s because I like to look down and see a good number staring back at me. I mark the ball heads up, so I can see it."
"In the final round at last year's Wyndham Championship, I hit 3-wood on No. 16 from about 260 uphill to 15 feet. Probably one of the best I've hit in my life. Held it against the wind, came down soft. It's nice to step up and hit a great shot when you need to."
33 Number three-putt greens in 1,890 played His 1.75% category ranked 3rd Source: PGA Tour's Shotlink
TOOLS OF HIS TRADE
Here's what you need and need to spend to be outfitted just like Brandt:
• Driver* TaylorMade r7 425, 10.5° (open to 9°), 285 yards|
• 3-wood* Precept TP-160 15°, 245 yards
• Hybrid* TaylorMade Rescue 19°, 225 yards
• Irons TaylorMade r7 TP (3-PW; extra-long shaft, 1° upright lie), $799/steel
3-iron: 210 yards
4-iron: 200 yards
5-iron: 190 yards
6-iron: 180 yards
7-iron: 168 yards
8-iron: 155 yards
9-iron: 140 yards
PW: 127 yards
• Wedges Cleveland 588 54°, 108 yards; $69/steel and Cleveland 588 60°, 90 yards; $69/steel
• Putter Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie, 34-inches, 2° flat lie; $119
• Ball Bridgestone B330-S, $40/dozen
*Not available at retail.