From GOLF Magazine (July, 2012)
Designed for: 0- to 15-handicappers
Price: $899, steel (4-GW)
Forged from 1020 carbon steel, the AMP Forged features a milled “pocket” in the cavity (as many as 25 grams per iron get redistributed to the sole). Long and mid-irons (3-7) have a relatively large pocket to increase perimeter weighting and forgiveness, the 8- and 9-irons feature a narrower, smaller pocket, and the wedges are pocketless. Each pocket is filled with urethane to dampen vibration and preserve a soft, forged feel. Comes standard with the KBS Tour shaft.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Confidential: Best & Worst Ryder Cup Pairings
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Christy Yun
- Ryder Cup Trivia: Stump Travelin' Joe
- Make Better Putts By Using Billy Horschel's Grip
- Confidential: Ryder Cup vs. Masters
- Bubba: Team USA Not Intimidated
- Peter Kostis: Two Tips for Solid Iron Shots
- Confidential: Who Should Be the U.S. Ryder Cup Team's New 'Mascot'?
- Two Tips to Change Direction Like Billy Horschel
- Alan Shipnuck: Why Team USA Will Win 2014 Ryder Cup