• "The Mona Lisa of drivers. Subtle, powerful and historically significant."Roger Liau (handicap 18)
• "Super stable and controllable."George Irwin (15)
• "Consistent distance is its hallmark."Rich Bernstein (13)
• "Impact sound won't scare your competitors; results will."Mark Haberstroh (5)
• "Unbridled distance and control."Don Ytterberg (15)
Test results: How they rated
Testers voted on their faves using a 100-point scale. Our star system rewards the top picks. Overall performance grade is determined by weighting equally the five categories.
There's no question that all three are excellent clubs, and both the Callaway and Nike square-headed drivers prove to be more forgiving than the TaylorMade. But r7 SuperQuad ran the table in terms of look, feel, playability and distance.
|Club||Callaway FT-i||Nike |
|Look||4 stars||3 stars||5 stars|
|Feel||4 stars||4 stars||5 stars|
|Playability||4 stars||4 stars||5 stars|
|Forgiveness||5 stars||4 stars||4 stars|
|Distance||4 stars||4 stars||5 stars|
|Total Performance||4 stars||3 1/2 stars||5 stars|*Ratings 5 Stars