From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (April, 2012)
Category: Max Game-Improvement Irons
Price: $599, graphite hybrids (3-5) + steel irons (6-PW); $649, graphite hybrids and irons
WE TESTED: Iron hybrids (3-5) with Actionlite 65 graphite shaft and 6-PW with Flightspeed steel shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The Gliderail sole is designed to create less turf drag, increased lift and more head speed through impact for longer shots. The Gliderail becomes less pronounced in short irons and wedges. The hybrid clubface has bulge and roll and an iron-like profile.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Solid, dependable irons get in and out of turf well. Hybrid irons are especially good for slower swingers who want slice forgiveness.
PLAYABILITY: Irons produce high, repeatable, straight balls; shots with the hybrids tend to go left due to the pronounced offset; both the hybrids and irons cut easily through the rough.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Plenty of accuracy and forgiveness on mis-hits with these irons; long-iron hybrids are ideal for someone who hits a slice.
DISTANCE CONTROL: On par distancewise with others; consistent length with good progression throughout the set.
FEEL: Well-balanced irons; 6-PW have a stable, substantial feel through impact.
LOOK: Traditional, deep-cavity back with a unique, tastefully designed sole; irons have a thick topline and large face; heavily offset hybrid irons.
Extreme offset look in hybrid irons is a real turn off; oversize hybrid irons creates little feel; difficult to calibrate distance with hybrid irons.
From Golf Magazine (January, 2012)
Designed for: Max game improvement
This hybrid iron set has “Gliderail” sole technology—dual rails and a center keel—to limit turf drag and bolster clubhead speeds through impact. Three Mashie hybrids (3, 4, 5) are engineered specifically for this set—less pronounced “Gliderail” than in stand-alone Mashie utility clubs, plus iron-like offset. The wide-sole irons have progressive offset and plenty of perimeter weighting to improve forgiveness.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- PGA Tour Confidential: Can Tiger Woods Still Close?
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Dave Pelz: Roll Putts Fast ... Or Try Dying
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- The Lighter Side Of Tiger Woods
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- PGA Tour Power Tip: Use Your Hips Like Harris English