Oakland Hills Country Club

Oakland Hills is consistently ranked as one of the top courses in the U.S. and the World by Golf Magazine's panel of experts.

Designed by Donald Ross, the South course opened in 1918 with Walter Hagen as the first head professional. The signature hole on the South course is the par-4 16th, which requires two well-executed shots up a dogleg right fairway to reach a very small green. The last five holes are known as the "fearsome fivesome." The clubhouse is a mirror image of George Washington's Mt. Vernon home.

The South course has hosted six U.S. Opens, most recently in 1996; three PGA Championships, most recently in 2008; and the 2004 Ryder Cup.

The North Course, built in 1923 and redesigned by Robert Trent Jones in the late 1960s, is a links-style track, and the greens are loaded with subtle breaks. The tree-lined fairways were built on gently rolling terrain.

For more information go to oaklandhillscc.com.